to meet our aboriginal missionaries.
There are almost limitless opportunities to serve accross the network among Aboriginal people. We endeavour to place people where they are best able to utilise their
gifts and develop their ministry and character for fruitful mission service both now and for the long haul.
It is interesting how many International Apostolic missionaries have been carved by the hand of God on the Australian Aboriginal field.
IMLA is a multi-cultural non denominational great commission team.
We particularly encourage Aboriginal Christians who desire opportunities to serve or receive training to contact us.
It is part of the vision of IMLA to facilitate other indigenous peoples into mission.
We have been blessed by and it has been our privilege to host the ministry of native Americans, Maori people,
Puerto Ricans and Papua New Guineans. Ultimately the issue of race is trumped by the fact of God's calling.
We want Him to decide who he wants where in the harvest field. God knows what He is doing!
Opportunities To Serve In This Ministry
- Short term teams, eg 7-14 days each; to come and serve and gain cross cultural experience
Teams are always welcome to serve the Indigenous people and mainly would be able to work with Aboriginal people in North Australia. Youth, Children's, Men's & Women's ministry, mechanical, building etc specific teams have already visited and found great satisfaction. Experience could range from urban to semi tribal areas and people.
Click here to read the testimony of a city based believer who recently went on a youth outreach team.
- Short term appointments, eg 1-12 months, ie serving where needed on an established team;
Internships and traineeships can also be structured to develop specific areas of ministry calling.
We need both male and female youth leaders and there is the opportunity to be trained.
There are opportunities for men's ministry internship in Mareeba, women's ministry in Mossman Qld and Katherine NT.
- Specialized roles, e.g. lending practical / professional skills to serve a particular field need / function. Identify skill needed?
Opportunity To Start A New Ministry Base
- someone with the ability to administrate the process of setting up Christian Indigenous schools. To research appropriate lines of funding which exist and need to be sourced through state and federal gov.
- Administration and resource development of DVDs to send to remote communities.
- Duel role would be possible where there is a heart for men's ministry and ongoing vehicle maintenance,
and to help train indigenous people ; based in far north Qld and travelling periodically interstate.
- Treasurer, Secretary and administration staff needed.
- An opportunity exists to establish a new ministry initiative in a different location in our country. Please identify the type of ministry focus and possible location?
Huge areas of the Northern Territoy and in most states of Australia - biggest area for ministry is the mentoring of aboriginal church planters.